Overheard: Greece

Friday, October 02, 2026


I went to sunny Greece recently for a conference, spending some time on the beautiful island of Skiathos. It was actually rainy for quite a few days. Still, that gave me time to people-watch and people-listen. 

So here's what I heard.

  • The plane landed in Tessa-loco* or whatever it’s called.

  • We came here to avoid our neighbour’s wedding.

  • ...is it Scorpios or Skopelos?

  • She was so angry with me, cos she’s really small.

  • Sandra nods off on the couch. I think it’s cos we don’t do a lot.

  • It’s offputting is what it is. Offputting. They need to know! We’ll not be back!

  • I’ve a week of Emmerdale and Corrie waiting for me at home.

  • Have you been to York? Is it worth the four-hour drive?

  • I hear the weather at home is not too bad.


*Thessaloniki

0 comments: