Monaco - a tiny country on the French Riviera - is more like a city state. Here's what I saw when I was there.
Monaco is a rich land; the glamour architecture buildings are either replete with gilt, flourishes, style and flair or sleek and smoothly modern.
Most of all, Monaco is a playground for the rich and gaudy, ideal for people watching. I saw:
- A young man with big, blonde hair and golden sunglasses clutching an older woman as they sashayed through the streets.
- A man accompanied by five woman complaining about where to get his shirts made.
- A young wife emerging from a designer store saying, "thank you, it was wonderful".
- A larger man wearing a bright purple polo shirt whilst driving a bright orange sports car.
- A young man wearing white shirt and khaki shorts fuming about "ultra-conservative countries that have no bearing on reality".
- A young woman sporting bright pink lipstick alongside bright green sunglasses.
- A glamorous Shirley Bassey-esque woman arguing with hot-headed taxi driver, then walking a few metres away and laughing "ha ha ha" whilst haughtily tossing one hand in the air.