On a public holiday, I took a very slow train between Bruges and Ghent.
- The only noise being the chug of the train, the heating turning on and off and faint digital device buzzes and blips.
- The conductor moving through the carriages and saying "schcifft!" to every passenger.
- A single bright green row of lettuces in a field of purple cabbages.
- Cylindrical silage bales wrapped in black and white plastic like bullseye humbugs.
- Huge flocks of white birds scattering as the train trundled past.
- A convoy of trucks with the company name Lekkerland (Tasty land) emblazoned on them.