I went to Gothenburg in Sweden a few weekends. It was very nice, here's what I saw:
- Elegant, solid architecture. Built to withstand cold, snow, time.
- Festive fare at Haga Christmas market
- A tree at Liseberg completely covered in Christmas lights. Every branch had a twinkle.
- A lake shaped like a guitar
- Nanne Gronvall-esque climbing frame in the airport
- A portly chap doing a stumbly samba to You're making me hot hot hot
- Elks and reindeers in Slottskogen park
- Homeware shops on every street. There are loads.
- Adventstjarna - a lovely star in every window