And, lo, the most popular Irish Eurovision Song is: Linda Martin with Terminal 3.
Hurrah to her.
Oh, and Dima Bilan for Russia won Eurovision. My observations:
- Marija and her Frankenstein brides would have completed LaGaylia Frazier's Dr Frankenstein from this year's Romanian preselection so well.
- Vlad from Romania is still doing that odd left-leg lift he does. Watch it - once you see it, you can't ignore it.
- Why was Sirusho wearing black, white and grey? Wear something colourful!
- Bosnia's knitting brides were the aces.
- The plucky Icelandic duo worked the cameras so well.
- I still think Ani Lorak + her men in illuminated boxes were robbed.
- I was very impressed that Sebastian Tellier had a globe on stage. Pity he didn't do much with it.
- Spain's falling down dancer was the comedy highlight of the evening for me.
More to come soon on Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia - on my trip, I only spotted one Eurovision star: Boaz from Israel. His arms are very impressive, but he's teeny tiny! Bless little Boaz.